Freezing myself numb, to be honest.
As I type, my home is surrounded by a lovely blanket of snow. Buses across the city have been cut, scuppering my planned trip to see Black Panther. So, aside from a quick trudge through my now rather Christmas card-like neighbourhood, I’ve been at home writing stuff and tidying up a bit.
But February’s been pretty productive for me, on the whole. I’ve been chipping away at a tidy set of writing projects, and my research has involved reading Jack Ketchum novels, ordering scripts for Universal horror films, digging up 1920s science fiction stories, and chasing after niche suppliers for obscure animated short films. A month well spent, I’d say.
Articles published elsewhere this month:
- Women in British Animation: Joanna Quinn
- Amazing Histories, April 1927: The First Anniversary
- Amazing Histories, May 1927: Long Journeys and Short Trips
- From Gotham to Lesbos in Batwoman: The Many Arms of Death (Belladonna)
- The Grooviest Girl in Horror is Back with Vampirella: Forbidden Fruit (Belladonna)
- Meet a Master of Manga Macabre in Shiver: Junji Ito Selected Stories (Belladonna)
- Marvel Goes to Disneyland in The Haunted Mansion (Belladonna)
If you enjoyed any of the above pieces and would like to help me along my writin’ way, then a small donation to my Patreon would be very much appreciated!
Article topics for March and beyond: