I have a ritual for every October. Each day of the month I watch one horror film and read one horror story. This year was no exception, and I spent the month revisiting some of my old favourites and catching up on a few new releases (hello, Mother, It, The Ritual and Happy Death Day! I dug all of you, each in a somewhat different way.)
My other tradition is to knock out a number of blog posts about the horror genre. Silent films! Creepypasta! Contemporary folk horror! I made my stab at all of those, I did.
Shout out to my fellow Horror Honeys. Halloweentime is our collective favourite time of year, and we always get a little bit excitable.
Now, I prepare to conclude this year’s ritual by watching The Wicker Man for the umpteenhundredth time, before November beckons and I get back to blogging abut old space operas again…
Articles of mine published elsewhere this month:
- No Sax Please, We’re Vampires: The Lost Boys (Belladonna)
- The Wickedest Witch in Comics: Lady Death (Belladonna)
- Before Lugosi: Vampires of the Silent Screen
- A. Merritt on Film: Seven Footprints to Satan
- Horror for the Net: The Evolution of Creepypasta
- Alison Littlewood: Folk Horror and Fairy Lore
Article topics for November and beyond: